Your hat is special, but for it to last as long as possible and keep it clean you should:
- Have clean hands when you touch your hat.
- Do not put weight on the hat, it can deform it.
- Always put it down in a way that its natural shape does not change.
- Keep it in a box, protected from dust, humidity and sunlight.
- In case you stain the fabric of your hat, act immediately, slightly humidify a clean cloth (preferably white and hairless) and rub the stain gently in order to remove it. If the stain is hard to clean, apply a bit of soap in the cloth and repeat the process again, then remove the soap on the hat with a slightly water moisturized cloth and let the hat dry.
- In case of stubborn stains, there are dry cleaning sprays to delicate fabrics on the market. We advise you to use biodegradable products.
With proper treatment your hat will have a long life and will be with you in the best moments of your life.
Established in 2015 in the heart of Lisbon, Elizab'hats offers individual design and statement headpieces.
Fashion, art, design were always a major source of inspiration for Elizabete Gonçalves. One day, while recycling her garbage, she found a bag full of beautiful vintage neckties from the 70's, Elizabete fell in love with the richness of those fabrics and patterns and brought them home.
She started to test this fabrics as a raw material to produce fashion accessories, but her love for hats and an iconic picture of a camera holding Patty Smith wearing a hat were the starting point for Elizab'hats.
The result was the tie-hat: eccentric, unique, upcycled and fun.